What makes something art?
That's a confusing question, because everyone's view on art is different. Why do we believe that artists are artists? And that their art is incredible? It's an impossible questions to answer. I believe art is art, when someone sees potential in it. Which is completely broad, but it's true! Everyone views art in different ways, and enjoys art in different ways. It's hard to go to a piece, and say, that's not art- because it is art! Just to someone else. Art can be anything anyone wants it to be, or how you portray something to be, or how you just WANT it to be. That's what's so great about art. Art can be anything, and anything can be art.
I DO believe that Marla painted her pictures herself. Of course at first I had doubts, but I truly don't believe that her dad helped her. I'm sure he guided her in the beginning, about the basics of art, but not that he did it himself. I'm sure everyone that watched that had doubts, it's easier to doubt than believe. Doubt is something that is planted in your mind, and it's difficult to get out, it ends up pushing out your faith.
I believe that Marla's paintings are beautiful, I don't believe that she's a prodigy, just a child that loves to paint. When I saw her paint, I thought it was beautiful, but it was her way of having fun as a child. I think those things came from inside her, her passion. I don't believe that anything like that could have come out of her not wanting to do it, and her father helping or making her do it- they're too simple and pure.
No comments:
Post a Comment