Today is Mother's Day in England. I think that's neat.
So yesterday we drove to Seattle to fly out with Iceland Air. I love traveling Iceland Air! My Afi knew the head of the department, it seems like they know everyone. (My Amma remembers Bjork growing up!!) And when we got on the plane they gave us Icelandic glacial water and I talked to them a little in Icelandic. My mom said that all the people in line in front of her that were boarding, the ladies were greeting them in English, but when my mom came they talked to her in Icelandic, like they just KNEW!
It was so nice to eat my favorite candies again, and practice reading Icelandic. It's so weird how the mind is triggered, like this lady said "Jesús, ég veit ekki hvar ég átti að vera!" which is "Jesus, I don't know where I'm supposed to be!" And that made me think of the song I used to always sing with Amma "Jesús elskar hár og smá" and I sang the whole song, and I haven't for years!
At our layover in Iceland we gorged ourselves on Malt and appelsin, pilsa, opal, ris, and more. It was delightful, it was so cool to see in the stores all the delicacies we crave during the year! Like lamb, fish, opal, malt, and more candy.
By the time we arrived at Heathrow we'd had like 2 hours of sleep. We were exhausted! When we were going through line with our passports to get into the country, Mom, Stuart and I zoomed through the Euro line, and dad putted along in the "everyone else" line. We made fun of him calling him "the American" I thought it was pretty funny. "Oh no! Did we lose the American?" "The American is holding us up!" And it was so scary having Dad drive on the left side of the road, and the ride side of the car.
It was really good to see Spencer! And I'm super glad to see him, we went to visit him in his dorm and this guy was in the hallway going to another room and was like "Who are those white people in the hallway?" It was funny.
We went and ate at an Indian restaurant, it was so. good. Spencer said Indian people here are like Mexican people in Portland. And you can only understand that if you live in Portland.
Tomorrow we're off to Windsor Castle!
No comments:
Post a Comment