This week went by super fast! Between the late start on Monday, gorgeous weather, and swimming for P.E.- it was a quick, fun week.
Art class was another matter altogether. I always enjoy it, but this week I felt completely blocked! I had ideas... but I just could NOT get them into my collage to make them look nice. Whenever I tried something new, it just didn't lay out the way that I had wanted it to. My first idea was doing a collage of the theme of my brother and I, but I just ended up cutting them differently than I had planned, and it being way too huge. So then! I was in a musical mood; so I decided to get a bunch of old, fun sheet music that I used to play and make it into an explosion of music. It ended up looking very plain and just not the way I wanted it to. Those were going to be for my competition, but I'm now just going to paint a landscape of some sort with watercolor... Blah... Goin' out of my comfort zone! But I'll figure it out...
As for my animal collage. (I'm doing a gorilla). I imagined it being a crazy green background, like the lush jungle that they live in. It's actually going incredibly well! Mr. Joseph has an incredible amount of random, awesome paper that I chose many things from. I have no idea what I would have done without them. I found the coolest greens, patterns, and bamboo looking stuff. I was so excited. I almost just want to leave it as it is; all bright green and wonderful. I don't want to take the focus away from the cool green patterns! I need to figure out a way to make a gorilla that can do the background justice. It will be a difficult task. But again... I'll figure it out...
I am in need of Sabbath tomorrow. So much need.
No comments:
Post a Comment